Miss Universe Leadership Allegedly ‘Refused’ to Clarify Voting Rules (Exclusive)

NEED TO KNOW
- The Miss Universe Organization has crowned its newest winner: Fátima Bosch, who represented Mexico at the competition on Nov. 21
- Her win followed weeks of controversies, including allegations of rigged results and the resignations of three members of the selection committee just days before the pageant; the Miss Universe Organization denied claims of misconduct
- Speaking anonymously, one of the 2025 Miss Universe contenders tells PEOPLE that pageant officials declined to provide “clarity on the voting” process when asked
In the wake of Miss Universe 2025 and its surrounding controversies, even some of those on the inside remain confused about allegations aimed at the pageant organization.
Miss Mexico Fátima Bosch was crowned winner after the international competition in Bangkok on Nov. 21. Her victory followed weeks of pageant-related media buzz, which spiked just three days before finals, when judge Omar Harfouch publicly resigned from his position on the selection committee. He alleged that the Miss Universe Organization had formed an “impromptu jury” to choose 30 finalists before participants from 136 countries even took the stage for the preliminary round.
The pageant refuted Harfouch’s claims in a statement posted shortly after his resignation announcement. However, days after the competition concluded, one contestant — who has asked to remain anonymous — tells PEOPLE she still wishes pageant officials would act with more transparency.
Mohan Raj/Getty
“I know a certain contestant had asked the judges for clarity on the voting and just how was the winner announced, and they refused to give that,” she says. “A lot of people were wondering how the winners were announced, and was it really fair?”
The Miss Universe Organization did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.
The former Miss Universe hopeful adds that she “would like” to say there’s no truth to Harfouch’s claims about a pre-selected top 30, but doubt lingers. The sentiment echoes the words of a different anonymous contestant, who spoke to PEOPLE shortly after Harfouch’s bombshell resignations. The other competitor said that the rumors of the covert top 30 selection were “heartbreaking” to learn.
“After walking off the rehearsals stage, many of us learned through social media, not the Miss Universe Organization, that the preliminary selection for the Top 30 was not only conducted without the presence of the official judges, but before we’ve even competed on stage,” the contestant said on Nov. 18.
Arnun Chonmahatrakool/Thai News Pix/LightRocket via Getty
“So many contestants have sacrificed their personal lives, left their jobs, and spent a year preparing for this moment. Some of us have fallen ill, been hospitalized, or pushed through exhaustion while receiving only three to four hours of sleep each night. We did this because we believed in the integrity of this organization and the mission they told us they stood for,” the former Miss Universe contender continued.
In conclusion, she expressed gratitude for the former judge’s willingness to speak out. “We thank Omar Harfouch for standing up for integrity when the organization would not,” she said ahead of the pageant. “He showed the very leadership Miss Universe claims to celebrate.”
The first anonymous contestant, who speaks to PEOPLE days after Bosch’s win, refers to earlier controversy as her reason for placing some level of faith in Harfouch’s claims.
“I feel like with everything that’s gone on this whole season, it’s likely. I think it’s quite likely,” she says. “And I feel like a lot of that had started from the beginning of the pageant.”
Indeed, drama stirred shortly after the contestants arrived in Bangkok earlier this month. On Nov. 4, a livestream captured a heated confrontation between pageant executive Nawat Itsaragrisil and Miss Mexico Bosch, who was ultimately crowned Miss Universe 2025, during a pre-pageant event.
Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE’s free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.
Itsaragrisil could be seen berating Bosch for allegedly refusing to partake in a photo shoot meant for contestants to share on social media at a pre-pageant event. She then exited the room, and several other contestants got up to follow. Shortly after, Miss Universe Owner Raul Rocha announced multiple sanctions against Itsaragrisil, including his restriction from the pageant.
He later apologized for his actions, and after Bosch’s crowning, she reunited with Itsaragrisil, shaking his hand and posing with him in photos.
This Article was copied from nypost .com, visit to read more
NOTE: THIS SITE DOES NOT BELONG TO FACEBOOK



